Grilling and Sequencing
What you get
Grill up some pretend-play fun — with a side of early math! Practice sequencing by first flipping patties on the play grill, then piling on the toppings, and last (but not least), serving up a brilliant burger feast. Use the magnetic menu board to match up the ingredients in order and make each burger just the way your customers ask. Math learning sure stacks up easy when you’re having fun in the kitchen!
• Includes a wood play grill, a spatula, a ketchup bottle, 2 fabric burger sets (with all the toppings!), a magnetic order board set with order cards and ingredient magnets, and a canvas storage pouch for putting stuff away after play.
• Play supports the growth of motor skills, early math skills, and social development skills (including turn taking, communication, and collaboration).
• Includes a grownup guide with a real snack recipe that explores sequencing.
• Part of the Early Math + Pretend Play collection, along with Baking and Fractions and Pasta Making and Shapes
• Grill dimensions: 9.8 x 7.2 x 2.4 inches (25 x 18.3 x 6 cm)
From the desk of the product designer:
Behind the design
“We tried out lots of different play foods for this crate, from grilled veggies to kebabs. In the end, we went with burgers because that’s what our young play testers liked best! ”
By the numbers
Tomato designs developed for the ketchup bottle: 6
Types of play food ingredients tested: 12
Number of play burgers devoured with great delight: many!